Wednesday, March 5, 2008

IF: Leap


Urgh, I just could not get anything to look right when drawing this week's theme. So, better to have something than nothing at all.



Leap: It seems lately I've been taking lots of leaps, getting married, moving across the country, quitting a bad job, seeking a new job. I'm even pushing myself to try new things like meditating, different crafts, even getting a bike last year. Then there's the leaps that we taking in the near future like buying a house, traveling to new places, gardening (if we get the house)...and things I know I have even thought of. I'm pretty proud of myself. I've been in a slump for the longest time, and now I'm pushing myself to try new things and feel right again. Granted I still get all poo-headed, but I still push and keep on leaping. Heh, ok enough of that.

3 comments:

Janice Ykema said...

she looks like superwoman... (smiling here).. its a very positive feeling illustration probably to follow through on all the positive changes you are making and challenging yourself to

van dyke said...

Gee... seems with all the changes you are experiencing in your life, the image is appropriate and carries a self-reflective quality. I like her determined expression as she goes headlong into what's ahead. Nice.

Ellen said...

First...are you kidding? This piece is AWESOME! Really, I really like it!
Second...you sound a lot like me right now. For a while I was saying,"what else could possibly go wrong?" And sure enough something worse was right around the corner (needless to say I never uttered the words 'what else could go wrong?' again!). Yes, think positive and things will work themselves out!