Saturday, March 15, 2008

Crafty Suzy

I've had the last 4 weeks off of work (the joys of freelancing). So I decided to really try and use this time wisely and do some crafting! I'm actually quite excited and proud of myself of all that I did.

Show and tell time:

I baked bread for the first time ever! It was soooo yummy!


I made this cat tunnel from Amy Butler's In Stitches out of old towels and pillow cases. Faith had some major dental work done, so I thought I'd make her something to get better in. Surprisingly, both cats like it a lot and Raine hogs it all the time. Of course, they just lay on top of it.


This was supposed to be a laptop cover, but it didn't work out. It's now the cats.


I tried again making a laptop, this time using felt. It's not perfect, but it's working right now. Oh yeah, I named my laptop Sprout.


I made biscuits for the second time and they came out even better. Mmmm.


I got the Sublime Stitching kit and learned how to embroider. Fun!


Took a bunch of old shirts and started making a shirt quilt/blanket. I cut my finger kind of bad, so the blanket's on hold till next week.


There was so much left over shirt scraps, that I made pillow for the cats. Mainly for Raine since he took over Faith's tunnel. I even did some embroidery of my own drawing. This pillow came out so well!! Also, this is the reason I hurt my finger: P

And of course I opened my own Etsy shop.


And started Illustration Fridays.

Go me!

No comments: