Saturday, June 28, 2008

In which Suzy turns 28!



Happy happy happy birthday it's my birthday!

I'm so excited to be turning 28! I've been waiting for this birthday for a long time since it's my golden birthday (june 28 = 28 yrs old). I feel it's going to be a great year for me! To do something special for myself (an idea i got when reading Joy of Doing Things Badly), I made a list of 28 things for me to do when I'm 28 which I'll list in a moment.

What are the activities planned for today? After breakfast of eggs and a chocolate muffin (thanks to the in-laws for the first of many sugar filled goodness) we went to a super early screening of Wall-E. Wall-E was SOOOOOOOO fantastic!! I'm so in love with this movie. It was so sweet and funny and lots of Apple/Mac love in there. At home I opened presents which included a super sweet bike helmet, cupcake, flowers from Rob, a new digicam from the in-laws, an awesome singing and moving Hoops and Yoyo card with an iTunes card from my brother and his wife and I finally got to break out my Renegade stuff and the books I ordered. I also got lucky bamboo from my parents (i requested something that lasts a little bit long that flowers). And I can't forget the lovely vintage patterns from Steph and Sarah! For lunch we had Pizza and Brew where I got a free meal: ) Then in a short while we're going to Rye Playland for mini golf, walking and maybe a ride or two. Finishing the day off with champagne and my cupcake.

On to my 28 Things to do When I'm 28 list:
(which i'll try to update my progress as i go along)

1. buy a house
2. take a yoga class
3. travel some place new
4. sell something I made
5. send out artwork for freelancing
6. plant a tree
7. paint a picture
8. pick a random book to read
9. sew something to wear
10. sew a quilt
11. donate to a charity
12. bake cupcakes from scratch
13. throw a party
14. eat at a new place
15. go to a local fair
16. print wedding photos
17. go out for breakfast
18. buy a cactus
19. buy original art
20. crochet something to wear that's not a hat or scarf
21. get a massage
22. go hiking
23. go to a winery
24. go to a bar just for drinks and appetizers
25. have fondue
26. have a picnic
27. go camping
28. go to a farmers market

No comments: