Friday, January 25, 2008

Laptop Challenge Week One and the Fainting Suzy

Well, I'm home on a Friday, recouping from the drama I caused yesterday morning. I woke up yesterday morning in a slight rush, went straight into the shower, had the water pretty hot, and got slighty worried about my bloody nose, all the while my blood pressure was low and so I fainted. Luckly Rob was there, but I did scare the crap out of him because this was the first time I fainted in front of him and I fainted with my eyes opened (ahh!!!!!) And I when I was waking up, I was fully aware but could not control my body (ah!!!!) and had no clue what was going on. So he got our neighbor to call 911 and within minutes I had police, firemen and the EMTs all in my apartment. Took a ride in the ambulance, spent 7 hours in ER and it was concluded that....since I tend to have low blood pressure, I gotta be careful about taking hot showers in the morning and get a humidifier for my bloody nose. Also my anxiety does not help one bit and even now I feel the panic feelings of yesterday still creeping in my mind and fear that all this can happen again.

Me and Rob learned from all this that we need to slow things down a bit. Our minds are constantly on work or things we plan to do in the future that we have no control over right now and we get frustrated and stressed out. And for me, I get more prone to panic attacks. We need to enjoy and appreciate where we are now. We need to take better care of our bodies and minds. We need to spend more quality time with each other and not quality time with us and the tv.

Anyways!!!!!!!

So I've been using Rob's laptop all this week. I'm managing pretty well, the smaller screen is kind of annoying, 'specially when I can't fit a full window. I noticed that I tend to be on the internet a lot more since it's so easy to sit on the couch with the laptop on my lap. That's not a good thing. I'd like to cut down my computer time, not double it! I think I just need to designate a laptop area, like the coffee table and only use it there, that way I can also use the mouse since it's not easy selecting text with the touchpad. But I like the ease of it all. I like that I can sit comfortably and not in a computer chair, hunched over which causes my should blades to burn.

I still miss my iMac, which still sits on the desk. We'll grab its box tomorrow and put it away. I'll most likely stick to the laptop because I know it's the right thing to do. We'll find a good home my iMac, where it could live happily in a one computer household, heh.

No comments: