Saturday, January 19, 2008

Suzy's Challenge

I love my iMac. It was my first big purchase I did all by myself with my own money that I earned and saved. Because of that, it's so special to me. But...

As I've wrote before, moving to New York and into this apartment made me realize the clutter and junk we have. While my iMac is definitely not junk, it's a part of the clutter. Rob and I both have our iMacs set up in our apartment. We share a table with our computers sitting back to back. We each have about 3 feet of chair space, which doesn't include under the table because our a large bar blocking the chairs from rolling underneath. Don't even get me started on the cable pile and lack of desk space. And it's not like this problem will go away when we move. Chances are, we'll have even less space or if we do have more space, I'd want my own desk.

Needless to say, it's not fun. But Rob and I just can't share one computer....we're too selfish, too net addicted and our professions both require a computer.

Sooooo.....since I don't mind change, and willing to do things to make our lives easier. I present....



I'm going to put my iMac away and use Rob's laptop and see if I can survive. And if I find that I can function well with it, I will sell my dear iMac and buy a new laptop (maybe an mackbook air!) Not only will it clear up tons of space and clutter, laptops are more energy efficient and use so much less than computers.

*ok, before my iMac i was using a laptop for about 4 years, so it's not that big of a deal, but sometimes it's hard to go back ; )

No comments: