Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stop. Rewind.

Oh the high and happy feeling of getting a new job! Then to find out that Gymboree is indeed THE JOB FROM HELL!!!!
Yes, I am in my last week of working at Gymboree. Two months of bad management, poor communication, moldy ceiling tiles, mice, stupid hours, small paychecks, stupid franchise/corporate bullshit, moms yelling at me for things I didn't do and being forced to work on Sundays had caused me to quit. And I can just keep going. Never had I dealt with anything so bad before, and this is coming from someone who put up with Kinko's for a couple of years!

About two weeks ago, I met with an awesome kick ass temp agency, Vanguard and immediately they got the ball rolling on finding me something. They knew what kind of artist I was, saw my strengths and my weaknesses and were so positive about it. And at the end of the week, I already had an interview! Then the following Monday, I had a job!! It was almost too easy!

I now temp/freelance at Amscan , where currently I do photo retouching in the gift's department. I get to spend all day in Photoshop, that's freaking awesome! And that's only the beginning! After a while working there, my friends at Vanguard are going to try to get me into the actual art and concept department where I could design art for party supplies. Sweet! And I get paid very nicely. Also, I'm helping with a sweet boat logo for a cat vet: )

This means that I won't be going back to school. While being an art teacher still sounds great, I don't feel like spending that time and money when we can save for a house and start a family in a few years.

All I wanted was for someone to see my talents and give me a chance. I wanted a steady job that I enjoyed and felt that the time I spent in school was worth it. With Vanguard and Amscan, I feel like that and that's a very good feeling.

Anyways! Yes, we are sadly ignoring this blog, but I think life in New York is finally starting to settle down and I feel happy enough to blog and do the other things I have been neglecting. I'm going to get Rob to post about his (and our) busy and awesome month of October.

See ya!
~Suzy

No comments: